Nottingham Conference Centre Privacy Statement
The website is operated by Nottingham Conference Centre Limited (called NCC in this agreement), who are situated at Burton Street, Nottingham NG1. NCC can be contacted by post to Burton Street, Nottingham NG1 4BU. We can be reached or you can reach us by telephone at +44 (0)115 941 8418.
Information you give us.
We receive and store any information you enter on the Website or give us in any other way. You provide this information when you supply us with such information as your name, address, post code, date of birth, gender, information on how you use our services (such as type, date, time, and anonymous information on your browsing activity when visiting the website) and any other information with respect of your use of the website. We might also ask for other specific information from time to time We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future use of the website and NCC for you and communicating with you.
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies", and we may obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses the website to help us provide a better service and richer user experience. Examples of information we collect using technology which is not readily apparent include the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system and platform and the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL). A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. We want you to be aware that these tools exist Anonymous information is collected on your click stream to and through the Website, pages viewed or searched for and your website history.
What are Cookies?
- The "help" portion of a toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to protect your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However if you turn cookies off you won't have access to some of the features that make the website more efficient and services may not function properly.
Does NCC share the information received?
NCC collects and uses your personal information to operate NCC and deliver any services you have requested. NCC reserves the right to release information to third parties. NCC does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
NCC may disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- NCC may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail or anonymously as part of a research paper. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to NCC, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- We will give out personal information as required by law, for example to comply with a Court Order, to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect the safety and security of users on the website.
How secure is information about me?
- The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our users is of utmost concern to us. We take technical, contractual, administrative and physical steps to protect all of the user information we hold. Despite this no system is 100% secure and you acknowledge that the information you give us is at risk.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to log out when using a shared computer and take steps to make sure your personal information has not been stored by that computer or a network connected to it.
What choices do I have?
- The help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether.
- There are products which allow anonymous browsing.
Conditions of use
This agreement is governed by the laws of England, where NCC originates and is designed to be accessed and is deemed to be made in England. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the website. Use of the website is unauthorised in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph.
The website is maintained by the Wed Development Team of Nottingham Trent University and runs in accordance with their web policies. Any comments, queries or feedback about the website or notices relating to problems should be directed to them
Code of practice on the operation of CCTV
NCC has contracted its CCTV requirements to Nottingham Trent University and therefore adopted their CCTV policy.
Download the NTU CCTV Policy.
The Nottingham Conference Centre Conference and Events Manager and Nottingham Trent Universities Head of Web Development are assigned as the responsible persons/compliance officers for this policy and any related procedures or guidelines.