Explore the questions below to find out more about our venue and weddings services. Please click on each question to see the expanded answer. Alternatively, call us on 0115 848 8000 to speak to us directly or contact us online.
- When can I come and see the venue?
- We’re happy to show prospective wedding couples around Arkwright Rooms. Please call and make an appointment with a wedding coordinator on 0115 848 8000.
- Is your venue licensed to carry out civil weddings?
- We are licensed to perform civil ceremonies in all our rooms in the Arkwight building, but would recommend our three primary rooms: the Old Chemistry Theatre, Old Library and the Old Museum.
- How do I book a wedding?
- You can save your date with a provisional booking for one month. During this time, you can continue to view other venues and make make your arrangements for your ceremony to ensure you’re definitely happy with our venue before committing. During this time, we recommend that you contact your church or the Registrar and confirm your booking with them before confirming your booking with us. You can then confirm your booking with us with a deposit of £500 to secure your date along with a signed contract.
- What authority do you come under for civil ceremonies and can you supply names and contact details for the Registrar?
- The Nottingham Registration District covers the area of the City of Nottingham. The office is situated in the centre of Nottingham at:
The City of Nottingham Register Office
The Council House
Old Market Square
Tel: 0115 841 5554
Email: [email protected]
- How soon should we book?
- Some dates tend to get booked up quite far in advance, especially Saturdays and the summer months, so it’s best to book as soon as you can to make sure you get your first choice. If your chosen date is available, we recommend that you allow at least four weeks notice for paperwork to be processed.
- Do we have to pay for everything now?
- We ask for a £500 deposit to secure your date. Half the balance is due 6 months before, with the remaining balance due 2 weeks before your wedding day.
- Do you give discounts for off-season weddings?
- Our wedding coordinator will be happy to discuss the various wedding offers we have available and find the best one to suit your budget.
- Will ours be the only wedding at your venue on our wedding day?
- Yes. We understand that on your wedding day you want to feel special – that’s why we choose not to host more than one wedding each day.
- What time will my evening reception finish?
- Evening receptions usually finish at midnight as we are licensed to serve alcohol up to 11.30 pm although extensions can be made by agreement.
- What evening entertainment can I have for my wedding reception?
- We welcome evening functions with a disco or live entertainment. Our wedding coordinator can help source your evening entertainment if required.
To find out more download our Wedding Brochure